The 187 recruits at Cape May’s Training Center for the United States Coast Guard were the beneficiaries of the Jersey Cape Military Spouses’ Club ‘s Adopt-a-Recruit program. Now in its third year, the wives gather together a few days before and stuff stockings for the recruits filled with gift cards, hair gel, other necessities, some candy bars and notes from home. An added treat this year – cookies and hot chocolate.
- Gallery: West Cape May Christmas Parade December 5, 2016
- Our top 5 picks this holiday season November 29, 2016
- Gallery: MAC Christmas Tree Lighting November 22, 2016
- Where to get turkey in Cape May this Thanksgiving November 18, 2016
- Second Annual Cape May Restaurant Weekend is November 3-6 October 31, 2016
- Aftermath of Hermine September 6, 2016
- Results for the Best of Cape May 2016 September 1, 2016