The Lafayette Hotel cottages were originally named the Weightman Cottage. It stood at Franklin and Washington Streets, the current site of the Cape May Post Office. It was constructed for Philadelphian chemist William Weightman, Sr. and moved to Ocean and Beach Avenue in 1881. It operates today as Angel of the Sea Bed and Breakfast.
Information from Summer City by the Sea by Emil R. Salvini