- West Cape May Christmas Parade – always takes place the first Saturday of December
- Tree lighting ceremonies for Cape May City, Congress Hall, and the Emlen Physick Estate
- Hospitality Night on the Washington Street Mall – merchants open their doors and offer shoppers refreshments while they browse
- Christmas Candlelight House Tours
- Holiday Lights Trolley Ride
- Cape May Carriage Company holiday tours
- Winter Wonderland at Congress Hall
Holiday Lights and Decor
Christmas is a beautiful time of the year in Cape May. The Washington Street Mall is dotted with lights, greenery, and decorations, and the historic homes and hotels around our town each decorate in a unique way.
There is not a specific date that holiday lights go up and come down, but the town is decorated by the Christmas Parade and decorated into the new year.
Dining and Shopping
Most shops and restaurants are open through the holiday season, with extended shopping hours closer to Christmas. The Washington Street Mall shops often have late shopping hours. Parking is free beginning November 1st.
Santa in Cape May
Santa Claus makes appearances at a variety of Cape May restaurants and shops during the holiday season. He rides on a firetruck in the West Cape May Christmas Parade and can be spotted outside the Original Fudge Kitchen during the holiday season. Several restaurants offer Breakfast with Santa.