Bicycle and Surrey Rentals
Biking in Cape May is a favorite pasttime among visitors and locals, and one of the easiest ways to get around town. You don’t need to bring your own. There are several bike rental companies that offer daily or weekly rental periods and can even deliver the bikes to your hotel, motel or B&B.
888-473-6964 - Geared Up Rentals provides bicycles, linens, beach gear, and more straight to your rental property, hotel, or B&B. Simply order online and we will deliver your order to you on your check in date free of charge!
Cape Island Bike Rentals -
Shields Bike Rentals - 11 Gurney St.- 609-884-BIKE or 609-898-1818
Village Bicycle Shop - 605 Lafayette St. - 609-884-8500
Bicycle Regulations & Restrictions
- In New Jersey, anyone under 17 years of age must wear a safety helmet, whether you are riding a bicycle or are a passenger on a bicycle, or are towed as a passenger by a bicycle. (Title 39:4-10.1)
- Bicycles must ride in the same direction as cars and are expected to adhere to the same laws as motorists, including stopping at red lights and stop signs
- Bicyclists, like motorists, must yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Bicycles are not allowed on the promenade after 10a.m.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the Washington Street Mall