In 1998, CapeMay.com started publishing an independent website dedicated to that little piece of paradise at the tip of southern New Jersey...Cape May. Since the beginning, CapeMay.com has been a comprehensive visitors' guide to the ins and outs of Cape May. Read our full history
Bernie lives in Cape May, was educated by Mercy nuns and Christian Brothers in Pittsburgh. Eagle scout (1960). First career in Philly. Last career in Cape May. Grateful for all that life has brought. Married fewer times than Larry King, but more than Ronald Reagan. Father of seven grown children. Most likely to be spotted at the Pilot House, the Mad Batter or Wawa.
Susan is the editor of CapeMay.com and Cape May Magazine, and a local storeowner.
A Michigander, born and raised. Sci-fi nerd (loves Star Trek TOS, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and sometimes other franchises that do not include the word "star"), DIY addict (mission: paint anything), and cryptozoology/ghost enthusiast.Follow @capepublishing Follow @jessrunsontea
Michelle was born and raised in South Jersey and now lives in Cape May County. As a child she would come to Cape May with her Grandparents on many day trips to Sunset Beach. She loves spending her time with family and friends, taking tons of pictures, crafting, and camping.
Jon Davies, The Persnickety Chef
Jon Davies is a graduate of Johnson and Wales University of Culinary Arts. His work as a chef has taken him to Aspen, Colorado; Cape May, NJ; and the odd private jet for culinary gigs for the rich and famous.
Linda Steenrod, The Four-Legged Tourist
CapeMay.com is produced at 513 Washington Street, on the Washington Street Mall in historic downtown Cape May.
According to the city's 1890 map, a candy store occupied the site even then and was probably owned by Mr. Roth of Roth's Candyland. His son George ran the candy store until the 1980s when Bogle Brothers' Fudge Kitchen took over. As any one who walks the mall knows, they are very much still here and still selling fudge. The building, according to Wister Dougherty, whose family owned the building up until the 1960s when George Roth bought it, says he thinks 513 was constructed around 1903 or so.
The building served as the office for the Cape May Star and Wave for nearly twenty years, and later for the Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cape May. We took over the space in 2004 and currently share it with the Cape May Jazz Festival.
CapeMay.com and its affiliated websites are wholly owned and maintained by Cape Publishing, Inc. a New Jersey corporation located in Cape May. All content is copyrighted 1998–2012, all rights reserved, and may not be used without permission of the publisher.