Menu Blog

Posts Tagged ‘christian admiral’

  1. The Passing of the Christian Admiral

    Hope Gaines posted this on July 1st, 2010 | 22 Comments

    From the beginning, the Hotel Cape May was doomed. It opened in 1908, several years behind schedule and 100 percent over budget – its final cost of $1 million was nearly unimaginable in those days.

  2. Watching History Go Away: The Christian Admiral Hotel

    Jennifer Brownstone Kopp posted this on July 1st, 1998 | 35 Comments

    In a town whose very existence depends on its historic buildings, the loss of one from fire, much less demolition, is felt intensely. The Christian Admiral Hotel was like a living, breathing member of the community and her passing was mourned as such.