Cape May Point is a popular spot for weddings! The borough allows special events at Cape May Point Pavilion Circle, the beaches and beach platforms, and any site approved by the Borough Commissioners.
What to know about weddings in the Point
- All locations are public and are not closed to the general public while your wedding is going on.
- Events can last up to 4 hours, including setup, breakdown, and cleaning.
- You can have a maximum of 100 people (participants and guests) and 100 chairs.
- To keep events low impact to the environment, chairs and equipment must be carried and set up by hand. You must not disturb the grass or dunes.
- No living creatures or balloons may be released.
- Rice is not permitted, but you may toss bird seed or other biodegradable materials.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
How can I schedule a wedding in Cape May Point?
To hold any special event in Cape May Point, submit an application for facilities use with the borough clerk. The borough must receive your application at least 30 days prior to the event.
How do I know if the location I have in mind is within Cape May Point?
The borough provides a map on their website that clearly outlines its boundaries so you can determine if the spot you have in mind for your wedding is within Cape May Point.
A few locations are often mistaken for being in Cape May Point when they’re actually in Lower Township or on State land. These include the Cape May Lighthouse, Sunset Beach, and Cape May Point State Park.